To screen and nominate judicial applicants; evaluate the performance of judges and make evaluation information and recommendations available to the voters; and conduct studies and make recommendations to improve the administration of justice.
Workplace Alaska; Administrative Assistant II
The Alaska Judicial Council (AJC) is accepting applications for an Administrative Assistant II in Anchorage. Reporting to the AJC Executive Director, the selected applicant will perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Currently assigned duties include:
- Work on routine and special projects requiring compilation and entry of information pertaining to the Council's work on selection and retention of judges;
- Enter data and run queries in the Council's databases;
- Ensure accuracy of information on the Council's website;
- Work with other staff to manage and process attorneys' applications for judgeships and documents related to the evaluation of judges standing for retention;
- Provide administrative and logistical support for meetings of the Alaska Judicial Council;
- Copy, collate, file, scan, and distribute Council meeting materials, reports, articles, and other documents;
- Send out surveys to attorneys, track returns, enter data, and query databases;
- Organize files, answer phones, screen callers, and respond to requests for information; answer questions from the public and release standard information.
For more information or to apply, visit AJC Administrative Assistant II Posting.