To screen and nominate judicial applicants; evaluate the performance of judges and make evaluation information and recommendations available to the voters; and conduct studies and make recommendations to improve the administration of justice.
To reach Council staff, please call 279-2526 and leave a message if a live person is not available to answer. Staff working remotely will try to respond to voicemails within 24 hours during business days. The Council will continue to accept and respond to email communications at email@example.com.
We appreciate your patience as we take measures to safeguard the health and safety of the public and staff.
- Press release announcing a vacancy on the Palmer District Court and a deadline extension for the Utqiagvik Superior Court vacancy; 4/7/2021
- Press release announcing a vacancy on the Utqiagvik Superior Court; 3/24/2021
- Press release announcing nominees for the Fairbanks Superior and District Court Judicial Vacancies; 2/24/2021
- Press release announcing applicants for the Alaska Supreme Court; 1/8/2021
- Press release announcing a vacancy on the Alaska Supreme Court; 12/7/2020
- Chief Justice Bolger opening remarks; 3/22/2019