To screen and nominate judicial applicants; evaluate the performance of judges and make evaluation information and recommendations available to the voters; and conduct studies and make recommendations to improve the administration of justice.
* * Election Information * *
Judges on the Ballot
As part of its duties, the Judicial Council has conducted performance evaluations for each judge on the ballot, and made that information public here.
To reach Council staff, please call 279-2526 and leave a message if a live person is not available to answer. Staff working remotely will try to respond to voicemails within 24 hours during business days. The Council will continue to accept and respond to email communications at email@example.com.
We appreciate your patience as we take measures to safeguard the health and safety of the public and staff.
- Press release announcing vacancies on the Fairbanks Superior Court and the Fairbanks District Court; 9/25/2020
- Press release announcing the Alaska Judicial Council's Report to the Community about Judges on the Ballot; 9/9/2020
- Press release announcing applicants for the Alaska Court of Appeals; 7/10/2020
- New Retention Flyer with general information about the retention process; May 2020
- Chief Justice Bolger opening remarks; 3/22/2019